Experienced Surgical Errors Lawyers in Tampa Bay and in west central Florida counties
Chadwick & Chadwick serves Surgical Error claims in Tampa Bay, Florida, including Pasco, Hernando, Polk, Pinellas, Hillsborough, Manatee counties and throughout west central Florida.
Modern surgical procedures are often complex, time-intensive and risky. As a result, they must be done with the utmost care, with all necessary precautions taken to avoid the possibility of complications. Unfortunately, not all surgeons exercise the standard of care necessary to ensure the health and well-being of their patients. This action allows dangerous conditions to persist, possibly resulting in life-altering injuries or even wrongful death.
If you believe that you or a family member has been the victim of a surgical error, the experienced Tampa Bay region surgical error malpractice lawyers at Chadwick & Chadwick will spend time to help you understand the legal process and use it to protect your rights during this sensitive time in your life. Call 877-264-1515 toll free.
The number of surgical procedures performed annually in our nation now totals 51.4 million, including at least 5 million surgeries relating to the heart. Not every bad result means surgical malpractice. Unintended complications occur every day without negligence on the part of the doctor, anesthesiologist, medical professionals or hospital.
Some of the more common errors that have devastating consequences for patients:
- Wrong-site surgery
- Wrong patient surgery
- Wrong surgical procedure performed
- Surgical instruments left in the body
- Injury to organs, blood vessels or nerves
- Improper antiseptic practices leading to infection
- Anesthesia overdoses and medical errors
- Failure to monitor patients in recovery
Upload photos from your computer and fill out a case report.
Upload photos from your phone or tablet that you took at the scene.
Fill out a case report with or without photos and get a response quick.
Surgical error consequences
Though complications during surgery are unforeseeable and unavoidable, in many situations basic precautions could have prevented surgical errors from occurring. When surgical errors, a patient suffer complications, like:
- Lack of oxygen
- Serious or permanent brain injury
- Excessive bleeding
- The most extreme, death
If any of these results were in an operating room of a hospital, at the surgical site at a doctor’s office or clinic, or at an urgent care facility, we welcome your call. The skilled understanding of the attorneys at Chadwick & Chadwick can help you, on a no-obligation basis, how to make the best decision for yourself or a loved one. Serving all the counties in west central Florida our practice empowers those who have been harmed by surgical errors. Call 877-264-1515 for free consultation.
Information you need to know:
- Did all of the involved medical personnel receive adequate training on the performed procedure?
- Was the equipment used properly sanitized, subject to proper maintenance and tested prior to use?
- Did someone take a comprehensive history, clearly noting all allergies and past complications?
- Was clear informed consent provided before the procedure, outlining all possible risks?
- Was anesthesia properly administered?
- Were the vital signs properly monitored?
- Did the surgeon perform the right procedure on the right organ or body part?
- Were any additional procedures performed or drugs administered without consent?
You many no easily obtain the answers to these pertinent questions, but some knowledgeable person can assist you or actually gather this information. The skilled lawyers at Chadwick & Chadwick are experienced in surgical error and malpractice cases.
Surgical errors leading to death
When death is a result of surgical malpractice, there may be a case for wrongful death. Wrongful Death cases are always emotional, life-altering and often create financial hardship. Wrongful death that occurs during surgeries is especially traumatic because they are unexpected.
Contact compassionate attorneys at Chadwick & Chadwick to determine if you or your family member can receive your rightful closure and financial compensation.